I’ve been trying to find ways to help me organize myself, so that my weekday mornings aren’t as chaotic as I think they could be. Here are some things that I’ve done so far:
- Oatmeal bags: I use a Decosonic to make ½ cup plain oatmeal bags for breakfast. I also make small containers filled with toppings for my oatmeal. This week, I’m eating cinnamon raisin.
- Healthy snacks: I used the Decosonic again to make healthy snack bags for the office. So far this week, I’ve eaten rice cakes, popcorn and almonds. It’s working out quite nicely.
- Clothing bags (see above): I used large Ziploc bags to organize my baby’s clothing for daycare for the week. Each bag includes a onesie, pants or shorts, shirt and socks. I’m flexible for swapping something out, depending on the weather, but it’s really great to have something to start with.
- Slow-cooker meals: My husband is an excellent cook (I will be happily blogging about some of his meals later on). This week, he made a big pot of chili. It’s great and really healthy for lunch. We often make a lot of extra food and put it in the freezer until we need it that day.
- Pre-made coffee: Not a huge deal, but I find it helps when I pre-make the coffee in the coffee maker the night before. That way, when I’m all glossy-eyed in the morning, all I have to do is push a button and voila! Coffee will be ready soon!
- Coconut Oil: I like to use products that have multiple purposes, like coconut oil. I use coconut oil daily as a eye makeup remover and face/body moisturize. For more ideas on ways to use coconut oil, check out this blog post.
What do you do to make your mornings go just a little bit smoother?