After a lot of reading, I’ve decided to make the switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org.
When I started blogging in 2008 (Please Pick-Up Your Socks days), I started blogging using Blogger and then after a year or two moved over to WordPress.com. I really love the simplicity of both platforms. Both have beautiful templates and tools to help you make an amazing blog.
… But I need more. I want to learn something new. I want to learn about plug-ins, try new themes, try to use Search Engine Optimization and get a domain name with no wordpress.com or blogspot.com in it.
So, without further ado, here is my brand spanking new blog: www.jennywearsglasses.com
My jennywearsglasses.wordpress.com blog will still exist here on WordPress.com, but I will now be only posting on the new site.
Come join the conversation at http://www.jennywearsglasses.com/
The song that reminds me of my
boyfriend husband is this one. I remember, when we first started dating, he picked me up in his purple Talon and we went for a drive. I can’t remember where we went, but I remember that he played this song in his car and it was the first time I ever heard of this band.
I’m moving my blog from wordpress.com to wordpress.org. Please bare with me for the next couple of days while I make the switch.
Lately, I’ve been reading a lot about blogging. I want this little blog of mine to be a success and turn into something pretty cool. While reading How to Make Money with Your Blog (because who wouldn’t want to make a little extra income here and there), three tips it gives to avoid being a disastrous blog really hit home:
- Credibility Kills – From now on, I will fully disclose products that have been given to me for review. I’m pretty sure that I have done this in the past. Consider it from now on, full disclosure.
- Lack of content – I will do my best to post at least 200 word posts.
- Hot linked images – I didn’t realize the terribleness that exists using hot linked images. In case you don’t know what a hot linked image is, it’s the practice of adding an image into your blog post that is hosted by another Web site. Ek! I’ve totally done this. From now on, I will only post my own photos, even if they are totally random and I will hopefully have time to create more relevant photos for future blog posts.
What are your tips for blog etiquette? I’m still learning here and would love to hear your suggestions.
Funny enough, this song reminds me of a former friend. I can picture us listening to this song, over and over and over again on our CD players. Fantasizing what it would be like to marry Nick Carter (You did too didn’t you?!?!) .
What song reminds you of a former friend? Post the YouTube link below!
I’m hoping the Internet (I mean you), can help me find a website that helps us Canadians make cool stuff like this:
So far, the only companies I can find that makes anything similar are:
- Tote Bags
- Photo Books
- Photo keychains
- Photo puzzles
- iPhone cases
- Photo pillows
- Photo blankets
- Great selection of made for Instagram products
Do you use any of these sites for your photo related gifts? Do you have another website you use? Let me know!
*Pinhole Press does ship to Canada. Not sure what their shipping rates are.
What is #ALS?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease,” is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed. - The ALS Association
What is the #ALSicebucketchallenge?
The Ice Bucket Challenge, sometimes called the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, is an activity involving dumping a bucket of ice water on someone’s head to promote awareness of the disease amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and encourage donations to research. – Wikipedia
How do you get nominated?
The challenge dares nominated participants to be filmed having a bucket of ice water poured on their heads and challenging others to do the same. A common stipulation is that nominated people have 24 hours to comply or forfeit by way of a charitable financial donation. – Wikipedia
If I get nominated, how do I properly #hashtag my video?
When doing the challenge, please use the hashtags #icebucketchallenge, #alsicebucketchallenge, and #strikeoutals. – The ALS Association
Has Jenny been nominated?
No (and that’s okay), but she may have been mentioned in this one. – Jenny
Have you or a friend of yours been nominated for the #ALSicebucketchallenge? Please post their videos here.
According to The ALS Association website, this #icebucketchallenge has raised at least $70.2 Million dollars! Don’t forget to donate!
This is the last song I heard on the radio. It’s so catchy. How can you not love it?
What’s the last song you heard?
Hey NEW mom’s!
Remember that post I wrote about all those questions you’ll get asked within meeting a stranger for the first time while pregnant. So.. about those samples.
Below is a list of tried and true new mom samples that you need to sign up for. Share this list with everyone! You should sign up for these samples, get your friends to sign up for these samples for you and get your family to sign up for these samples for you! Get every one involved!
- Babyleggings.com: 5 free (use code ENBABY) pairs of baby leggings (we love these!), just pay for S&H.
- Emfamil: Formula sample and toddler drink.
Fisher Price: Free toy (Checked August 26 and no longer valid)
- Nestle Baby Program: Backpack, change pad, formula samples, feeding guide and other nutrition samples
- Nursingpillow.com: Free nursing pillow (use code ENBABY), just pay for S&H.
- P&G Baby Proofing Locks: Includes 2 cupboard hand locks and 2 cupboard latches.
- Seven Slings: Free (use code ENBABY) sling, just pay for S&H.
- Shoppers Drug Mart V.I.B program: Get various samples and coupons in the mail from Shoppers Drug Mart.
- Similac Club: Samples, rebate cheques and information on baby’s development.
- Sobey’s Baby Be Healthy program: Get free prenatal vitamins.
- Thyme ID program: Get offers and samples for various baby and maternity products.
- Uddercovers.com: Free (use code MYSAVINGS) nursing cover (I loved this product!), just pay for S&H.
I’ve also included a list of samples that I personally did not sign up for, because I didn’t know about it when I was pregnant, so I’m not sure how good they are. If you signed up for them, please let me know in the comments below.
- Breastpads.com: 10 free (use code ENBABY) pairs of reusable breast pads, just pay for S&H.
- Canadian Mother’s Resource: Huggies, Similac and other baby samples.
- Carseat Canopy: Free (use code ENBABY), just pay for S&H.
- Greemommy.com: Receive free green baby products.
- Heniz Baby Club
- Huggie’s Little Snugglers: Diapers and wipes.
- Jean Coutu: Sample pack.
- Johnson & Johnson: Enter your information here and you’ll receive a coupon by mail to pick up some J&J travel size baby products.
- Lego Club: Get a free magazine.
Am I missing any? Let me know if you have any questions with some of the samples that I did sign up for.
Not a free sample, but something super cool that I came across today. StickerYou has an option to make custom stickers with your kid’s name on it. Which is totally awesome to tag clothing, sippy cups and stuffed animals.
Note: StickerYou is one of my CJ Affiliates that I would with. Please check them out!